SLSO is part of the Stockholm County Council and comprises county council-owned healthcare and medical care outside emergency hospital wards.
The area includes a total of 25 municipalities and 17 city districts with 1.6 million inhabitants. There are approximately 11 000 employees at 800 units, which have a turnover of around SEK 8 billion per year.
The large number of patient visits in outpatient care and within 24-hour care makes us one of the largest care providers in Sweden.
A normal day in the Healthcare Provision, Stockholm County (SLSO)…
• 8000 people visit our district doctors and nurses within primary care
• 3 050 medical care visits are made at home with patients
• 300 people are cared for within our advanced home healthcare
• we have medical responsibility for 9,331 people in assisted living facilities
• 2000 people visit rehabilitation units in primary care
• 2 800 people visit our midwife and maternity clinics
• 3000 people visit our adult psychiatric clinics
• 960 people visit our Centers for Dependency Disorders
• 600 people visit our Child and Adolescent psychiatric clinics
• 410 people visit our Disability & Rehabilitation clinics